Main research interests:
- Agricultural practices and decision-making in the past, especially among smallholders during the Neolithic period (5500-2500 cal BC) in Western Europe.
- Wild plant management in Prehistoric societies, especially during the Neolithic period, but also in the Mesolithic and Bronze Age.
- Social organization of labour and consumption practices in the past.
- Taphonomy, with a particular interest on (mainly charred) plant remains.
- Gender roles in economy from the Neolithic to the Bronze Age and their effects on the health and social status of men and women.
|05.10.1983||Born in Barcelona, Spain.|
|2006||Degree in History at the University of Barcelona (UB).|
|2007 - 2012||Collaborator of the Archaeobotany Laboratory of the UAB (main researcher: Raquel Piqué). Archaeobotanical analyses of more than 40 sites from the Iberian Peninsula and Scotland. All periods.|
|Sept - Dec 2007||Research grant (AGAUR).|
|2008||D.E.A. (equivalent to MA Thesis) in Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). Title: Aproximació a l’estudi de la percepció i la interacció amb l’entorn vegetal en societats caçadores recollectores i agricultores ramaderes (10,000-4,000 cal ANE).|
|Jun 2008 - Jun 2012||PhD Grant: JAEPre (CSIC-IMF).|
|Jan - Jun 2010||Research stay at the University of Basel.|
|Feb - Aug 2011||Research stay at the University of Basel.|
|Jan - May 2012||Research stay at the University of Oxford.|
|Jan 2013 - Dec 2017||Scientific researcher at the IPAS, University of Basel.|
|Dec 2013||Doctor degree at the Universitat Autònoma of Barcelona. PhD title: Of cereals, poppy, acorns and hazelnuts. Plant economy among early farming societies (5500-2300 cal BC) in the NE of the Iberian Peninsula. An archaeobotanical approach. Web.|
|Apr - Dec 2017||PostDoc within the ERC Project "PlantCult"|
|from Jan 2018|
SNSF Professor at the IPAS, University of Basel (see Projekte).