MSc projects are offered in different research areas and as part of current projects of the research group Biogeochemistry (Prof. M. Lehmann).
In general, MSc work in our group requires some interest in isotope- and trace gas analytical and/or organic geochemical methods. It is possible that potential MSc candidates propose their own project, possibly in collaboration with external research institutions.
MSc research areas:
- Aquatic Biogeochemistry
- Stable Isotope Biogeochemistry
- Organic Geochemistry
- Microbial Ecology
Possible / ongoing MSc-projects:
- Tracing eutrophication (and re-oligotrophication) through diatom-bound nitrogen isotope ratios in lake sediments (pdf)
- Effects of nutrient availability on methane production in cyanobacteria (pdf)
- Aerobic ammonium oxidation by methanotrophs in Lake Lugano (pdf)
- Past and present importance of CH4 as source of carbon in the food web of an alpine lake (pdf)
- Rate-dependent isotope fractionation during denitrification (pdf)
- NOx und NH4 isotopendynamik während des Nitritation/ANAMMOX Verfahrens in einer Pilotkläranlage (pdf)
- List of other possible Master projects (pdf)