AUG intensively employs the possibilities of transdisciplinary cooperation with regional, national and international experts and research groups.
Our focus is on socially relevant issues, which include aspects of basic research in addition to application-oriented research in the field of urban geology and hydrogeology.
Current research areas / Projects of AUG:
- Hydraulic characterization of geological structures in the Tabular Jura near Muttenz
- Implementation of Sewer Network Structures into Numerical Heat Transport Models via an Adaptive Surrogate Approach
- Regional-Scale Thermal Hydraulic Modeling for Preliminary Geothermal Potential Assessment
- Current state and temperature development of groundwater resources
- Thermal potential of urban tunnel infrastructure
- Energetic potentials & artificial groundwater recharge
- Sustainable management of groundwater resources
- Thermal management of subsurface resources
- Geological 3D models